- Why should I choose HBR Rentals Property Management?
With what we believe to be the lowest eviction rate in the area at less that 1%, HBR Rentals prides ourselves on the “Service First Philosophy”, meaning our customers & their happiness with our service is top priority! In addition to our competitive pricing, our service separates us from our competition.
Honesty. Experience. Knowledge is key in finding a solid property management company. Your management company is responsible for protecting a very valuable asset, accounting for a substantial amount of income, dealing with contractors and tenant problems, guarding the owner from liability, staying up to date on city and state safety codes, and on and on. Your decision to hire a property management company can be a complex one & after comparison, you will seeHBR Rentals is amongst the strongest in the industry.
- Why should I hire a professional property management company to manage my rental property?
If you lack time or experience for the time consuming, day-to-day management of your rental property, a property management company can help you:
- Attract qualified tenants
- Market your rental property
- Maintain your rental property
- Track income and expenses to determine profitability
- Negotiate rental agreements
- Ensure legal & correct documentation
- Collect rent and track tenant deposits
- Comply with federal, state and local laws
- Respond to tenant issues/requests
- How do you determine the rent price for my property?
We do a comprehensive Market Analysis which includes searching & comparing similar properties in your area. We compare like properties and amenities to determine a basic rental rate & factor in
condition, location, market demand & our knowledge and experience with the area.
- How long will it take to find a tenant for my property?
There are many factors that contribute to a property’s desirability. Price, location, and condition of the home play the largest role.It is difficult to say that your home will rent in a specific amount of time, however if your property is in good condition, in a good neighborhood and priced right, it should rent quickly. Even if your home is not the most desirable, we have many potential tenants that are in all different price ranges.
- What happens when a tenant is in breach of the lease contract?
Once a violation has occurred, we will post legal notice to the tenant with an opportunity to cure the violation. If the violation is not cured, it will be forwarded to our attorney for eviction filings.
- Who holds the Security Deposit(s)?
HBR Rentals Property Management/ Property owners will maintain all security deposits in an escrow account and is the fiduciary under CA General Statutes. Please refer to our Management Agreement for more complete details.
- Do you require a reserve?
Yes. HBR Rentals requires a $500.00 reserve be kept in the owners account for repairs/maintenance.
- What are your fee’s & what do I have to pay up front?
Our fee’s are dependent upon the services you choose. We have a leasing only service & a monthly management service. HBR Rentals does NOT charge up front fee’s. We charge a percentage for monthly management & only get paid when you do!
- Will I know what is going on with my property?
Yes. We will communicate with you throughout our agreement and keep you aware of any issues that may arise. We will contact you at reasonable times to discuss repairs and notify you of the residents notice to move.
- How often are inspections done at my property?
Before a new resident moves into your property, we will complete a detailed move-in checklist with the resident, which provides written documentation as to the condition of your property. Thereafter, each 6 months we complete a on-site property inspection.
- How do you handle maintenance requests?
Residents may call or request maintenance online at our web site. After we receive a repair request, we may contact the resident and ask questions, which will help us determine the exact nature of the problem before sending a service technician. If the resident has a legitimate problem, we will schedule the repair. Most repairs are scheduled within one business day. Comfort items such as air conditioning, no hot water or heat, receive the highest priority and are usually attended to the same or next business day.
- When can I expect my rent check?
Rent checks are processed on the 15th of the month, allowing tenant fund to clear the bank & all bills for the property to be paid.
- When can you start managing my property(ies)?
Today! Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org & we can start the process immediately. Once you contact us, we can get you the proper paperwork to get started!